ESRS membership advantages include:
- access to scientific information and knowledge covering a wide range of themes and problems, studied in the broadest network of rural researchers and practitioners in Europe.
- opportunities for presentation and discussion of papers in the scientific conferences and meetings of the Society, such as the ESRS bi-annual conferences and the bi-annual summer
and annual autumn schools.
- opportunities for publication of scientific articles in several publication forums such as the ESRS journal Socio logia Ruralis, conference proceedings, and other publica tions issued by
members of the ESRS.
- contacts with other rural sociological scientists and associations in- and outside Europe ESRS is linked with the International Rural Sociological Association (IRSA).
- opportunities for personal contact and co-operation with European rural researchers during conferences, in national and international research projects, by way of national and international university teaching and interna tional training.
- opportunities for contact with practitioners in rural development who are active in dissemination and application of scientific knowledge, in training and education.
- value for money membership rates which include the subscription of Sociologia Ruralis, ESR-news (the electronic newsletter of the society), and a reduction on fees for bi-annual ESRS-congresses and quarterly IRSA World Congresses.