The Scientific Committee is appointed by the Executive Committee.
The Scientific Committee, as a working committee of the Executive Committee, is charged with matters of a scientific nature, especially
• the thematic planning and preparation of the Society`s congresses;
• the furthering of the establishment of Scientific Working Groups concerned with scientific matters;
• the thematic planning and preparation of training activities;
• any other activity which would be calculated to assist in the achievement of the scientific objectives of the Society.
• The work of the Scientific Committee is led by the Scientific Secretary who is a member of the Executive Committee.
Members of the Scientific Committee for 2017 are:
Dr. Joost Dessein, Belgium (Chair)
Dr.soc. Talis Tisenkopfs, Latvia
Dr. Katriina Soini, Finland
Dr. Ruth McAreavey, Ireland
Dr. Michiel de Krom, Belgium
Dr. Maria Partalidou, Greece
Dr. Balint Balasz, Hungary